Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

A little history on how this day got started. In the late 1980's President Ronald Reagan designated October as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. It wasn't until 2002 that the movement begin to designate a specific day to remember all those lost.

On this day, everyone is invited to light a candle at 7 p.m., in all times zones, all around the world, to remember all the babies lost. The idea is that there will be a continuous wave of light all around the world on this day.

A few days ago I found a beautiful handmade candle holder at one of my favorite local shops, Ten Thousand Villages. I had planned to participate in Wave of Light but did not think once about using this new holder for it. I am so thankful I got it because it was perfect!




Always remembering my angel babies
4.18.12 & 09.06.12

No comments:

Post a Comment