Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Hopes

Thankful for a new year and a chance to start fresh. Even though 2012 brought a lot of pain to our family, we are remaining optimistic that this year will bring good things, whatever they may be.

Shannon and I have officially decided to put trying for a second baby on hold until we both feel physically and emotionally ready to try again. It was a difficult decision because we so badly want a second child but we know that for whatever reason, God is telling us to wait. I do feel a since of peace about waiting now, even though my irrational side of me says "just keeping trying, even if it's painful!" I have decided to set ten new hopes and goals for this year. More specifically for the next six months. I don't do to well will long term goals.

My first goal for the year is to finally lose enough weight to be at a "healthy weight". I lost a lot of weight last summer and thankfully, it has all stayed off. However, I still fall in the "overweight" category. I need to lose this weight to be healthy for my son and to be healthier for future possible pregnancies. I have about 35 pounds total to lose to be at a healthy weight. I also want to lose weight for myself because I know it will give me the self worth that I need. I have total confidence that I can do this.

My second hope for the new year is to focus on my relationship with my husband. He is truly my rock. He gives me everything I need and want and MORE. My focus last year was more on Samuel and trying to have a second baby and I know our relationship suffered some. I want to do more for him this year to show my love and appreciation for him. I want to be a better wife and friend. My hope is that our love for each other grows stronger and that we are able to laugh and have fun again. We have realized in the last couple days that we have lost sight of some things and definitely want to renew that.

My third hope is to be the best possible mother to Samuel

Fourth To be more hopeful and optimistic, even when things look gloomy.

Fifth To go back to church. God has and always will be apart of my life but I feel being around others who believe what I do, will help me on my journey.

Sixth To surround myself with positive people and to hopefully build on current friendships and create new ones.

Seventh Build on relationships with family

Eighth Find a way to help others who have gone through what we have

Ninth  Find a new hobby or activity (aside from being a fully time mommy).

Tenth Don't give up, no matter what.


Praying and hoping for a healthy and happy new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment