Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Project

For the month of October, I have decided to share stories from individuals about their losses and how it's changed their lives.

In April of 2012, I experienced my first loss. I originally started this blog by sharing my story with the world because I wanted others to know they were not alone. While I haven't done it in awhile, it was and has been incredibly healing for me to write. In September of 2012 I suffered my second pregnancy loss and went on to suffer a third loss in December of 2012. After three losses, my husband and I made the difficult decision to stop trying. Neither of us wanted to "give up" but it was becoming too hard physically and emotionally on us both and we decided it was time to walk away. In March of this year, Shannon and I decided to pursue adoption. We both felt in our hearts, it was the next step in our journey. Our homestudy visits started very quickly and we had all three visits done by mid April. We couldn't believe how fast it was going.

On May 13th, our homestudy was APPROVED.

On Mother's Day, May 12th, Shannon and I found out that I was expecting again.

We spent the next several weeks on edge. We held our breaths every time the nurse called me back with my lab results and we prepared our hearts for the "worst case scenario" every time we went in for an ultrasound. As the days and weeks passed, we gradually were able to breath a little better. Here we are at almost 24 weeks pregnant, with our rainbow baby boy. It's been a long journey to get to where we are and our true hope is that we get to bring this baby home in January. Due to previous losses, my mind will wander and worry and anxiety will take over. But overall, I have not let the fear of losing another baby, take over.

It is my hope that by sharing my story and now by sharing stories of others. that it brings healing to them but also to others who may be reading their story. For them to know they are not alone on this journey after a loss.





No comments:

Post a Comment