Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I decided a few days ago that I didn't want Shannon to do anything special or extra today. He had to work today so I wanted to spend the day with Samuel. We got up early this morning so we could go pick out flowers for Matty. I let Samuel "pick" out the flowers this time. Since I lost Matty, we have been going out to the cemetery every Sunday morning before Shannon has to go to work and we always take new flowers. It was such a nice morning to go. The boys helped me get the old flowers out and then played while I arranged the new flowers.

Beautiful Flowers


Butterfly with a chalk board





Smelling the flowers




Thinking of you today and ALWAYS Matty

After I was finished we took a short walk. The cemetery is in the country so it is very peaceful.




I dropped Shannon off at work and then I picked some food up for Samuel and I. We headed to the park. I am so thankful today was such a nice day for being outside. We ate our lunch first and then we spent an hour or so at the park. Samuel LOVES to be outside and enjoys sitting in the dirt playing with a stick as much as anything else! We played some and also took a long walk to a pond on the other side of the park. He had so much fun and I knew after about an hour his little legs were getting tired.We headed home and of course he fell asleep on the way home! We snuggled up once we did get home and he napped for over three hours! I must have really worn him out.




He decided to "taste" it




My Sweet Boy

Mommy & Samuel

After his nap we went out to dinner together. He had a little bit of mine and then his dinner. Breakfast food mixed with dinner type food. He definitely didn't seem to mind eating carrots with pancakes, eggs and a grilled cheese.

Once we were finished with dinner we came back home to play outside and paint. We did feet prints and hand prints. He also painted two pictures himself. We had a lot of fun. It was very relaxing and MESSY. I have paint all over my back porch now but that's OKAY!




Butterfly Feet


My little artist

Stuck his foot in it..




Getting into it.

Mommy!

"Look at my hands Mommy!"
Masterpiece





Love it!

Don't those look like strawberries?

We've just been relaxing since and going to be picking Shannon up soon. Overall I've had a pretty decent day. I am really hoping we find some answers this week with some health stuff I have been dealing with. It's causing me an awful amount of worry on top of everything else.



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to EVERY single Mother out there! 


Thinking about all those who are without their mothers today and I am especially thinking about all the mothers who are without their children today (((HUGS))) to all of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment